On March 11, 1846, two days after the contract was signed, the same parties signed an additional eight articles.  It provided that a British force would remain in Lahore no later than the end of the year „to protect the person of the Maharajah and the inhabitants of the city of Lahore during the reorganization of the Sikh army.“ This endorsement was reached at the request of Lahore Durbar. The army of Lahore would evacuate the city, provide favourable quarters for British troops and the Lahore government would pay the additional expenses.  The contract between the British government, on the one hand, and Maharajah Gulab Singh of Jammu, on the other, was signed by Frederick Currie, Esq. and patent major Henry Montgomery Lawrence under the orders of Rt. Hon. Sir Henry Hardinge, G.C.B., one of the most honourable Privy Council of their British Magesty, to direct and control all affairs in the East Indies and Maharajah Gulab Singh himself – 1846. The Treaty of Lahore of 9 March 1846 was a peace treaty that marked the end of the First Anglo-Sikh War. The contract was signed for the British by Governor General Sir Henry Hardinge and two officers of the East India Company and for the Sikhs by Maharaja Duleep Singh Bahadur, seven, and seven members of Hazara, the territory south of the Sutlej River and the territory of Jalandhar Doab, between the Sulej and Beas rivers.  In addition, controls the size of the Lahore army were introduced and 36 field rifles were seized.
 Control of the Sutlej and Beas rivers and part of the Indus was transferred to the British, provided that this did not affect the passage of the Lahore government liners.  In addition, the separate sale of all hilly areas between River Beas and Indus, including Kashmir, by the East India Company was subsequently planned for Gulab Singh, the Raja of Jammu.  The contract was executed on March 16, 1846. He formalized the agreements reached in the Lahore contract between the British East India Company and Raja Gulab Singh of Jammu after the First Anglo-Sikh War.  By Article 1 of the Treaty, Gulab Singh acquired „all the hilly or mountainous land, with its outbuildings east of the Indus River and west of the Ravi River, including Chamba and without Lahul , as part of the territories ceded to the British government by the State of Lahore, in accordance with Article IV of the Treaty of Lahore of 9 March 1846.“ Under Article 3, Gulab Singh would have to pay 75 lakhs (7.5 million) nanak Shahi Rupees (the dominant currency of the Sikh empire) to the British government, as well as other annual tributes.  The Treaty of Amritsar marked the beginning of Dogra`s reign in Kashmir.  Treaty between the British government and the State of Lahore, 1846.   During the First Anglo-Sikh War, the British moved closer to defeat in the Battle of Ferozeshah, but eventually won.